Through our teaching of RE, we aim to develop
- An outstanding level of religious understanding and knowledge.
- A thorough engagement with a range of ultimate questions about the meaning and significance of existence.
- The ability to ask significant and highly reflective questions about religion and demonstrate an excellent understanding of issues related to the nature, truth and
value of religion.
- A strong understanding of how the beliefs, values, practices and ways of life within any religion cohere together.
- Exceptional independence; the ability to think for themselves and take the initiative in, for example, asking questions, carrying out investigations, evaluating ideas
and working constructively with others.
- Significant levels of originality, imagination or creativity, which are shown in their responses to their learning in RE.
- The ability to link the study of religion and belief to personal reflections on meaning and purpose.
- A wide knowledge and deep understanding across a wide range of religions and beliefs.
We will do this by giving children the opportunity to practice and apply their religious skills in the following ways.
|Key Stage 1||Key Stage 2|
|• Study the main stories of Christianity.• Study at least one other religion. Choose from Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism or Sikhism.
• Study other religions of interest to pupils.
|• Study the beliefs, festivals and celebrations of Christianity.• Study at least two other religions in depth. Choose from Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism or Sikhism.
• Study three of the major six religions not studied in depth in order to gain a brief outline.
• Study other religions of interest to pupils
As children progress through school there are key milestones they are judged against and they are linked to age related expectations at these points in time. We have three key milestone points across the school. we aim for children to achieve. Milestone 1 is expected standard by the end of Year 2, Milestone 2 is the expected standard by the end of Year 4 and Milestone 3 is the expected standard by the end of Year6.
Please click on the link below for details of the learning milestones for RE.