At Riverdale, we try to bring our topics alive by going on exciting trips.
We have recently been to:-
- Saltburn to walk the journey of Skelton Beck into the sea
- Dorman Museum for a Nick Sharat experience creating our very own “Sharacters”
- Kirkleatham Museum to investigate evidence from archaeological digs and the discovery of our very own Saxon Princess
- Yorvik Museum to investigate Viking life and culture
- Geo Caching in and around the Redcar area
- Conquering Eston Hills
- Beach Combing along Redcar beach
Each year we have residential trips for children to go on.
Year 3/4 – 2 days and 1 night at Osmotherly with Tees Outdoors – canoeing, making bows and arrows, mountain biking and abseiling to name a few exciting things.
Year 6 – 5 days and 4 nights in Teesdale. 1 night surviving like Bear Grylls, Gorge walking, Raft Building, Archery, Rock Climbing and Abseiling.
Every other year we also give children the chance to visit France. We go for 6 days and 5 nights and take in Evron Market to taste the food and buy some pressies, as well as visiting Paris to climb the Eiffel tower and enjoy a boat ride along the Seine to see the many historic sights there.
|Educational Visits Consent Form||Download|